If you are looking for the right sciatica treatments, then there are several different things that you can try in order to relieve your pain and resolve the issue. You will also want to visit your doctor in order to ensure that your pain is caused by sciatica and not something else before you begin treating it. You may also need to visit a neurosurgeon or a neurologist in order to get a better idea of how to best heal your pain that will be a long term solution.
Sciatica is a type of nerve pain that is caused by inflammation and irritation to the sciatic nerve. This is a type of pain that can be persistent and annoying. It can cause nerve pain that starts anywhere along your lower back and shoots nerve pain down your legs. You can typically feel it from your lower back to your thigh and it can even radiate down below your knee. Sciatic pain can cause many types of pain and uncomfortable feelings such as tingling, numbness, and weakness.
You can experience sciatic pain due to a herniated disc in your lower back or from degenerative disc disease or spinal stenosis. Luckily, there are ways to treat sciatic pain! Listed here are several ways to treat the sciatic pain that you are feeling:
- The use of heat and ice. You can start your therapy with heat and ice therapy. This is a type of therapy that will help to relieve the pressure on the sciatic nerve while also working to reduce inflammation in the affected areas as well.
- Pain medications to reduce inflammation. Reducing inflammation is a large factor that goes into helping treat sciatic pain. If you want to reduce inflammation then you can find over-the-counter medications that will help you to relieve pain while also working to reduce the amount of inflammation that you are facing.
- Epidural steroid injections. Another type of treatment that you can find is a steroid injection, which will help with the pain.
- Sciatica surgery. One of the last resorts is to have sciatica surgery for your pain, which will relieve the pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Holistic options. You can also try other types of holistic therapies such as massage therapy and acupuncture.
As you can see, there are many different ways that you can use in order to treat your sciatic pain. If you are looking for the right options for your particular case and condition, then you will want to find the right doctor to help you through your pain. You can also reach out to a neurosurgeon in order to get a better idea of the types of treatments that you can do. They, of course, can also help you with the surgical needs if thats what it comes down to.
If you are looking for the right clinic to work with, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spinal care and can help you with your sciatic pain.